Thank you for your interest in volunteering at Summer Nights. Being a Beer Captain is a great way to build management and team motivation skills while giving back to the community. One to two Beer Captains will manage a team of beverage station volunteers at each of our 3 beverage stations within the Summer Nights event. You will be responsible for stock and cash control at your assigned beverage station throughout the night and communication between the station and members of the Board of Directors. Please read over the information below and then complete the application. We will review your application and reach out to you once we have a schedule in place.
PLEASE NOTE: Dates will be assigned on a first come, first served basis. Beer Captains can be rotated throughout the season. Please indicate on the application dates that would and would not be available for your schedule.
Basic expectations of volunteer coordinators:
- Minimum Age to Volunteer is 21.
- All Beer Captains need to report to their station by 5:15pm for instructions/items from the Chair of the Volunteer Committee.
- Beer Captains are expected to help with setting up and tearing down their beverage station during their shift of the event. Please plan to be there from 5:15-10:00pm.
- Pending time constraints, Beer Captains are encouraged to assist the Board of Directors with setting up and tearing down the entire event.
- Management of the Beverage Station Volunteer Teams.
- Handle large bill transactions and collect tip money.
- Support the beverage station volunteer teams by stocking coolers.
- Beer Captains are encouraged to have fun with their teams but be mindful that they represent both their business/group and the Summer Nights event. Responsible drinking and mature behavior are expected.
- We welcome service dogs but pets are not allowed at the Summer Nights event.
- IMPORTANT: All customers purchasing alcoholic beverage must have a wristband. It is your team’s responsibility to ensure everyone you serve has a wristband.
- Beverage Koozies are the only promotional item allowed to be given away at the Beverage Station by the Beverage Station Volunteer Teams.
- No fund raising or direct sales are permitted by volunteer teams.
Submit Application of Interest
To submit an application of interest, please complete the following form. Our Summer Nights Board of Directors Volunteer Committee will contact you with confirmation of dates assigned and/or other information. Submission of this form is not a guarantee to volunteer with Summer Nights.