Thank you for your interest in volunteering with Summer Nights! Please read the following carefully before filling out an application. Applications will be reviewed until May 15th, 2014.
- We require at least 15 volunteers for the entire event. The more you bring, the easier it is for you and the more fun your volunteers will have. You must designate an adult Volunteer Leader to be the main point of contact.
- At least half the volunteers must arrive between 4:30 and 4:45, with most volunteers present by 5:00pm. You must stay for tear-down, which is completed between 9:00pm and 9:30. If have enough volunteers to work in shifts, you may swap out volunteers at your discretion. Similarly, breaks and switching roles are at the Volunteer Leader’s discretion, provided that all stations are fully staffed at all times. Summer Nights will not provide additional volunteers for shortages.
- Volunteers may be a mix of students and adults, with at least 1 adult per 5 students. Students must be responsible, mature, and represent their group and the event in a positive manner. While high-school students are preferred, middle school-aged students are allowed with certain provisions. Please note this in your comments and the Coordinator will call you to discuss their ages and responsibilities. At least 1 adult per 5 students volunteer must be present for the entire event.
- Volunteers are required to staff jumping castles, face painting, one Arts & Crafts activity, and one or more games, as well as assisting in other Kid’s Street activities as needed.
- Water is provided and there are bathrooms in several locations.
- All games and supplies will be provided.
- Volunteers are required to handle money and make change at one station.
- Our volunteers make Summer Nights great—we expect them to be friendly, polite and have fun! This is an exciting event but also a lot of work. Please come prepared to work hard, smile, and be flexible.
If the organization is able to meet all requirements and fulfill all responsibilities, please complete this form. Groups who successfully complete their volunteer duties will receive a $500 donation via check to their organization. (No checks will be written to individuals). If you do not fulfill these responsibilities, you are subject to a lesser payment or none at all.
After submitting this application, you will be contacted by the Kid’s Street Coordinator. Submission of this application does not guarantee an opportunity to volunteer.